When I see a package on my steps from Sam Adams, I literally get giddy. Who doesn’t like a box of beer waiting for them?! Well, I guess people who don’t like beer wouldn’t be too impressed, but come on…what kind of life are you living if you don’t like beer? Think about it.
Last summer Latitude 48 was introduced; a blend of five different hops from regions all falling within the 48th latitude line (prime hop spot ;)) providing a unique variation on the popular IPA style. This year, brewers have dismantled the Latitude 48, taking it apart (hop by hop) so that each of the five hop varieties could have a chance to shine on their own (for a limited time of course!).
The Samuel Adams Latitude 48 Deconstructed is an all-new limited release variety twelve pack, which includes the original Latitude 48, plus five new IPA variations – each of these variations are brewed with only one of the hop varieties.
Single-hop IPA’s included:
- Latitude 48 Hallertau Mittelfrueh IPA (Hallertau, Germany): Soft bitterness, citrus, pine notes balanced by a slight sweetness and a full body (how I like my ladies….just kidding teehee)
- Latitude 48 East Kent Goldings IPA (East Kent, UK): Earthy, floral and apricot notes offset by a slight sweetness
- Latitude 48 Ahtanum™ IPA (Yakima Valley, WA): Very well-balanced orange, piney, floral flavor
- Latitude 48 Simcoe® IPA (Yakima Valley, WA): Dramatic grapefruit peel and pine resin notes, with a slight sweetness and full malt body
- Latitude 48 Zeus IPA (Yakima Valley, WA): Bitterness and an intense, pungent resinous pine flavor
*Disclaimer: Let’s not pretend the lovely folks at Sam Adams didn’t help with those fab descriptions. Thanks KP!
This fabulous twelve pack is only available now (mid-May) through mid-July for $13.99. So, hurry!