Now ladies and gentlemen, this person is prepared:
Wanted to take the 4:30pm train. Didn’t. Got to North Station a few minutes early for the 5:15pm train. Nice. Ugh, delayed. Sit down. Homeless man comes over to me. “MOVE THAT STUFF SO I CAN SIT DOWN.” Yes sir. Moved stuff. Got a whiff. He unfortunately reeked of urine. I didn’t enjoy it. I’m sure he didn’t either. Actually, maybe he didn’t mind – was having a lovely conversation with himself. Not breathing/smelling through my nose. Waiting for the train. Please come, I’m nervous. Getting anxious. Don’t want homeless man to yell at me again. Don’t want to get up and move, will look rude. Waiting. Waiting. Ding! ‘The 5:15 train is now boarding on track numbah 4.’ Thank you Jesus. Got a seat on the train, sat next to man with delicious smelling popcorn. Disliked him for it. Passed out, mouth open. Sleepily woke up in Andover. Walked to gym in rain. Somehow found motivation for my run tonight. Finished without collapsing. Success. Walked home in the rain. Kind of enjoyed it. Came home to surprise cookies Meg made for me. She’s the best. Some American Idol. Falling asleep as I blog. Finishing this post and going to snooze.
- The Addams Family comes to Broadway!
- Today’s deal from Buywithme – $12.50 for $25 worth of batting at Extra Innings in Watertown
- The Trapp Brewery’s Grand Opening is April 16th-19th in Stowe, VT.
Book your reservation here – http://www.trappfamily.com/accommodations/specials-packages
- Boston’s sustainable living expo is at the Hynes Convention Center April 9th-11th
Get your tickets here – http://www.d2eboston.com/visit/tickets09.php
- Today (not much time left…) and tomorrow, receive 80% of all gift certificates bought on http://www.restaurant.com/ by entering ‘ZOO‘ (as in TravelZOO) as your promotional code. We can thank Nuge for that one!
- April 17th the Coolidge Corner Theatre (290 Harvard Street, Brookline – 617.734.2501) is showing ‘Singin’ in the Rain‘ starring Gene Kelly! How appropriate for these past few weeks…
- Celebrate Opening Day with cheap eats at the Fenway Cantina!
- On Friday, April 16th The Outnet is celebrating their 1st birthday with a HUGE sale. Designer dresses, handbags, shoes, accessories, etc. for $1! Not even kidding. Limit one item per person (except for one lucky winner who will be allowed to purchase up to 5 items.) You have to RSVP before April 11th so get going! http://www.theoutnet.com/ http://ow.ly/1sLKg
- A wonderful article from The Boston Globe of a former model who opened her own online makeup boutique that caters to all women – every color, every hair type out there. Here is Ms. Faint’s website – www.lovehue.com
- Need a reason to head to Waltham? Here you go, the Candied Bacon Ice Cream Sundae. Served up at Jake’s Dixie Roadhouse. It has a fried bacon chocolate chip cookie (wtf? I don’t even care, because it sounds so damn good), maple-syrup-candied Vermont bacon ice cream, a BIG chocolate chip cookie, chocolate covered bacon bits on top as well as a drizzling of bacon vodka chocolate syrup, which can also be substituted with regular chocolate syrup. Sounds like my dream come true.
- And in more bacon news (so I can dream about it when I go to sleep), The Boston Bacon and Beer festival is Saturday, April 24th from 2pm-4pm at 540 Harrison Ave, Boston. http://bostonbaconandbeer.eventbrite.com/ *I hope they have an ambulance standing by.