First and foremost, I’d like to wish one of my best friends in the world, Heather an extremely happy HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I miss her so much and wish I could be celebrating with her right now. We’ll have to make up for it next time I’m in NY. :)
Last night I went to the Shecky’s Girls Night Out event with Nuge, X and Alana. We got discounted tickets on http://www.buywithme.com/ so they were $20 (opposed to $30) and you got 5 drink tickets, along with a goody bag – not too shabby! The goody bag was packed with a ton of great stuff. I <3 free things. Who doesn’t? (*I also got a free gift from Macy’s when I bought some makeup yesterday too – I love free gift time.)
So overall it was a fun time. There were tables set up with clothes from different boutiques (although I was a bit disappointed in the selection – I was in the mood to buy but there wasn’t anything that interested me. Stinky) they also had jewelry, makeup, etc etc. These two girls from NYU were selling these City Slippers which are roll up ballet type slippers that you can just throw in your bag – they were awesome! These girls were in their early twenties and started the business right in their college dorm, I was so impressed! Nuge, X and Alana bought some, but my big flippers didn’t fit! Embarrassing.
My only critiques would be that they should have had food served, or at least available to purchase. And, they should have had more seating areas (they only had one very small section.) I mean, the event is from 6pm-10pm, right after work. I am hungry, my feet hurt (probably cause they’re so big) and I don’t necessarily want to stand around for four hours. However – if there were seating areas where we could have sat, had some food/drinks and chatted after doing a few laps of browsing – that would have been awesome. Just a suggestion… Either way, I had fun, because I always have fun with my buddies.
- For whatever reason, this makes me happy. Apparently Taylor Swift and Cory Monteith from ‘Glee’ are dating…http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2437008/taylor-swift-cory-monteith-hug-bowling-alley-01/
- Calling all future movie/T.V. stars – Today’s Groupon is $150 for a 6-week acting course with Boston Casting Inc. usually $299 http://www.groupon.com/deals/boston-casting
- Today’s Buy With Me deal is -$20 for $40 worth of food/drinks at Sol Azteca at 914 Beacon Street, Boston (617) 262-0909http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=17c5e85f775c10d8a0c755376&id=00debf03a5&e=de3ecae0cc
- Today’s Living Social deal is $40 for a 60-minute personalized deep tissue massage at the Gregory Beale Massage – 12 Arrow Street Cambridge (617) 388-0939 http://livingsocial.com/deals/
- Tomorrow there’s a ‘jumprope-a-thon’ to benefit the Healthworks Foundation! You can still sign up – prize valued at $500.http://www.healthworksfitness.com/extras/spring_jumprope_events.php
- Get your most fancy/sexy Snuggie on because tomorrow is the Snuggie Crawl! Starting at 1:45pm at The Grand Canal http://crawlinboston.com/
- Boston’s restaurant week might be ending, but luckily Portsmouth’s restaurant week is just beginning (tonight!)http://www.portsmouthchamber.org/restaurantweek.cf
- Go the Daniela Corte Sample Sale for some new spring and summer pieces (as well as post-season items at 60-80% off) tomorrow from 10am-6pm at 211 Newbury Street, Back Bay (617) 262-2100. *Prices start at $10, remember – cash or check on
- Well, I’m sorry the post was late today! Busy day at work and then right after work Colin and I went out with some of my co-workers for drinks at Tommy Doyle’s – it was a good time.
- By the way, the other day this guy at work asked me if I had a black eye. Yeahhh, I just got into a fight on a casual Tuesday night and came into work without putting makeup on my shiner. No, you idiot I don’t have a black eye – those are my under eye circles/bags due to lack of sleep, but thanks for asking.
- On that note… this week has left me beyond exhaustion. Time for me to get my much needed beauty rest! Goodnight :)